Kitsunes Curse for Amstrad CPC – After recently covering Melkhiors Mansion on ZX Spectrum, I thought it was time Amstrad CPC got in on the action, introducing Kitsune’s Curse for Amstrad CPC.
The games code, graphics and sound all made by Juan J. Martinez over at Usebox.net. Best of all, it only requires 64K of RAM to run on your Amstrad CPC or emulator if you choose this way to play.
THE STORY OF KITSUNE’S CURSE
In Golden Tail, the Osaka Castle was released from the evil summoned by the dark heart of the Shogun. But not all ended well…
When the true nature of the hero Kitsune was revealed, something unexpected happened, he shape-shifted into a fox man!
To make things worse, he awoke to find the talisman had been stolen by the Yiga. This clan, known for their dark arts and their deals with the supernatural monsters (Yōkai). It is believed they hide it in the Alaska Castle, trying to subjugate the power of the stone.
You play the role of the ninja spy, who is on a mission to steal the Golden Tail from the Yiga clan, and hopefully use it to break Kitsunes Curse.
|ACTION||JOYSTICK ?️||KEYBOARD (DEFAULT) ⌨️|
|Move Left||←||Cursor Left|
|Move Right||→||Cursor Right|
|Activate Switch||↓||Cursor Down|
Kitsune can perform Kōga Magic that will allow him to disappear from the action for a short period of time.
During the time he is invisible, he will move faster, jump higher and enemies or hazards like spikes won’t hurt him.
The magic can be used in different ways: without moving, running, jumping or even mid-jump when Kitsune is on the air. All these moves will have different results, so it is vital to understand the magic in order to finish the game.
If you have played Golden Tail before, beware this game allows more types of moves!
Enemies and Yōkai
- Forest spirit: these are creatures that take care of the forest, watching for the trees and the water. They will ignore you minding their own business, but be careful and never touch them!
- Forest flame: flying spirits of the forest, they are a flame with a human looking face. They don’t care too much about the humans, but don’t get in their way when they are wandering the forest.
- Vampires: the caves under the forest are infested with these big bats. They will attack if they smell you!
- Giant spiders: waiting in the darkness for prey, the giant spiders will jump over you if they think that can get you.
- Ninja Yiga: the soldiers of the Yiga clan. They have mastered Kōga Magic, like yourself.
- Oni head: one of the Yōkai associated with the Yiga clan, they are demonic heads that fly patrolling the Yiga domain.
- Fire Tengu: red demons capable of controlling fire at will. They are helping the Yokai to control the stone.
- Yiga Master: these are the masters of the Yiga clan. You can find them in the castle, riding a magic cloud.
KITSUNE’S CURSE COLLECTOR’S EDITION
Usebox.net have confirmed a collectors edition of the game coming soon, I will update this story when this is available.
Kitsunes Curse is powered by cpcrslib by Artaburu and Arkos 2 Player by Targhan.
Version 1.0.0 (2020-04-17)
(CDT, DSK and manual inside)